Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
Apartment Kitchen Decorating Ideas is what we are going to be discussing in this article, since moving into an apartment I realized this is much different from living in a two-story home. This is to provide you inspiration from my own research for my transition, we will begin when you are ready.
Apartment Kitchen Inspiration
Let us begin by inspiring you in the very first paragraph, being creative is our first step when decorating a small space. Below are some ideas for you to ponder, much more waiting for you in the remainder of this self-help kitchen guide.
- Must-Have Kitchen Items
- New Kitchen New Decor
- Kitchen Styles
- 19 Amazing Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Unique Color Styles
- Simple Centerpiece Ideas
- Apartment Guide
- Godly Living
- Williamsburg Paint
- How to Make the Most Out of a Small Kitchen
- Sara’s Meaningful Pieces
- Holiday Interiors
- Cabinet Door Styles
- Weekend Projects
- House of Turquoise
- Natural Style
- Food and Entertaining
- Practical Nice Ideas
- Smart Ideas
- Make the Most of the Vertical Space
- 15 Small Space Kitchens
- 27 Lifehacks for Your Tiny Kitchen
- Expandable Over the Sink Shelf
- How to Organize a Small Kitchen and Get More Space
- The 10 Best Kitchen Upgrades You Can Do for $100.00 or Less
- 12 Creative Kitchen Organization Tips and Tricks
- Clever Ideas for the Kitchen
- 33 Apartment Decorating Ideas to Make Your Rental Feel Like Home
- How to Organize Your Pantry
- DIY Canned Food Organizer Tutorial
- The Only 16 Kitchen Gadgets That You Need
- Learn More
The learn more link above will take you to the Kitchen Ideas for Your Apartment, where you will find over 70 concepts for home decorating for this specific room. This is only one of my resources in this guide, we are much more to explore in the rest of this article.
Apartment Kitchen Houseplant Guide
My next decorating idea is to add houseplants, now you need to know which ones will grow the best there. That is what information you will find by reading the list below, anyone who knows Gizmo knows how passionate I am about gardening. If you love them as much as I do, this will be very informational for you.
- English Ivy
- Aloe Vera
- Cast Iron Plant
- Aluminum Plant
- Spider Plant
- Snake Plant
- Chinese Evergreen
- White Jasmine
- African Spear
- Heartleaf Philodendron
- Fiddle Leaf Fig
- String of Pearls
- Polka Dot Plant
- Venus Fly Trap
- ZZ Plant
- Air Plant
- African Violets
Are you surprised at how many plants would love to be a part of your kitchen home decor, and I am sure there are even more if you have the extra time to research on your own. With what is provided above, you have more than enough variety of plant types.
Easy Apartment Kitchen Inspiration
Already you have been inspired with even more to come, let us think of some creative yet easy home decor ideas. So many products available for decorating today, we are only going to go with ones for our kitchens. Another collection of ways to spruce up your apartment, now check below what I have found for you.
- Framed wall art is always an inexpensive way to decorate any room, and the kitchen is no different.
- Adding carpet is very popular in the home decor industry for kitchens, as long as you are not messy and have butterfingers. Be sure to choose ones that are easy to clean up after a spill, we are on a roll so don’t stop reading now.
- Possibly some painting is all you need to brighten the walls, you will want to be sure to do this before hanging any wall art on your walls.
- My grandmother always used wallpaper in this room, and guess what this still is in style even today.
- Be sure to consider adding some lighting, many apartments are dark without any windows in this room.
- Kitchen islands and stools if you have the space is really cool, I am not so lucky to have the space in my one-bedroom apartment.
- Brighten up with appliances that are not your ordinary white color, I prefer the pastels myself for a warm cozy feeling.
- Backsplashes are available that you just stick on, so most landlords will not evict you by using this type. It is good to ask permission before doing anything too drastic, we don’t want you to lose your place.
- Decorative shelves will create a more interesting view, and why not place a plant of one or two of them.
- It never hurts to add a small organizer, besides being decorative it is functional as well.
- What about adding under the cabinet lighting, this really appears modern as well as makes it easier when preparing your meals.
The suggestions above are just a small amount of what you can find, these will get you thinking of what is possible. I keep my decor pretty simple with plants being my theme, that is just me you can go with whatever you are the most passionate about.
Apartment Kitchen Design Guide
What would be the best design layout for your apartment, we are going to consider this next that might make this easier for some of you. With a design in mind this narrows down things, let us see what we have to choose from when it comes to designs.
- The first design we are going to learn about is the Pullman, if you are living in a studio apartment this is a very commonly used plan. Takes very little space, and everything sits on one wall. Perfect choice for someone not into really cooking to an extreme, this you will find is just a very basic kitchen.
- Another common design is the galley kitchen, you will find this provides a very efficient working space. Preferred by apartment dwellers over the other designs, you will find everything you need is a few steps away. Better suited for singles or couples than families, now to our next type.
- Did you ever see an L-shaped kitchen space, this is extremely popular and in-demand by people renting apartments. Easy to prepare your meals in this type, but one or two people in it at a time is the most possible. Often cabinets are limited which can be a bummer, and actually, more than one person is uncomfortable.
- Imagine now you are in an u-shaped kitchen, a breakfast bar will often be found in this type. A very easy design to work in preparing meals and snacks, There are two corner cabinets included here, and if you ever had corner cabinets you know they are not easy to use effectively.
- Our last one is the G-shaped kitchen, this provides you with the most cabinet space. Includes a breakfast bar as well for guests to hang out and chat, most people living in apartments prefer this one for the extra storage space.
We now know the different kitchen designs, this will benefit you greatly when planning your decorating style. There is the good and the bad with all apartment kitchens, none are really large enough. Mine is very small, but for me living alone it serves me well.
Apartment Kitchen Organizing Guide
Many people complain living in apartments everything is cluttered or stored in their cabinets, that is true for my own place as well. We do have some ideas that you might like to use, that is what we are going to address right now.
- Double your storage capacity with shelf risers
- Add yourself a wine crate
- Store some in another room or closet
- Shop for a kitchen utility cart
- Consider hanging a pegboard in your small kitchen
- Using adhesive hooks is an easy and an inexpensive option
- Add screw hooks in your cabinets for even more storing space
- Storing my pots and pans above the stove works well for me
- Try storing sheet pans on their ends
- Ceiling pot racks are awesome for saving your space
- lids can be kept inside of drawers separately
- Store your heaviest items on the bottom cabinet shelves
- Using round organizers for storing is another option
- Cabinet dividers and drawer inserts organize extremely well
- Utensils in your drawer close to your prep area
- Glassware stored near your sink or fridge works the best
- Coffee and tea stations with everything in one place make it convenient and easy to store them
Some of these tips and tricks might appeal to you, we all must experiment until we find what works the best for us. Don’t be afraid to change things around until you get it right, I had to do it for several months when I first moved into my own apartment.
Apartment Kitchen Resources
Every guide I provide you with some resources related to the topic, and this is my way of saying thank you for reading my articles. It might not be as nice as a free meal at your favorite restaurant, but it can save you time which also is valuable.
- Hobby Lobby
- LTD Commodities
- Sense for Decor
- Canvas Freaks
- Kirkland’s Home
- Fetti Store
- Barnyard Designs
- Uncommon Goods
- Ali Express
- The Lakeside Collection
Sure there are plenty more available, these are what our old friend Google recommends. More than enough to get you started shopping for the best deals, and that concludes Apartment Kitchen Decorating Ideas.