Do you need some Apartment Kitchen Design Ideas, today that is what we are going to be discussing? Since moving into an apartment my kitchen is so much smaller, so from my own experience, I know we must make some changes from living in a home to a smaller dwelling.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. This website does receive a small commission from some of the links, but my priority is providing you with information and the lowest prices I am able to find.
Free Kitchen Planning Software
Creative planning is the key especially for apartment kitchens, what makes this the most difficult is the size of them is usually extremely small. This takes some creative designing, so why not start using free kitchen planning software? You can make changes to see how it is going to look without messing up your apartment, and this is a very fun way to explore ideas without spending any money.
- Home Stratosphere
- Home Styler
- Planner 5D
Kitchen design software is the best way to get started, you will be surprised how amazing some of these freebies will provide you with awesome results. We are going to find out what each of these offers you one by one, and really this is an important step to planning any room in your apartment.
Gizmos Deals is all about saving you time and money, you really will accomplish both of these by using design software before anything else. For anyone who loves playing games this step is right up their alley, so just have fun with it, and ease your anxiety planning your kitchen the low-stress way.
- 2D & 3D Designing
- Photorealistic Tool
- No Download Required
- Save your Work in Progress
- Simple Beginner-Friendly
- Quick & Easy with the Drag and Drop Feature
- Instant Email Access to Use This Cool Software
- Desktops & Laptops Only
Kitchen Designs are available for you to view right on their home page, what I suggest is for you to check the examples provided before you decide to start using this software. No use wasting your time if you don’t like the results, so this is really an important step to help you choose the best one for you.
Design your dream home in 3D, you even have access to furniture from real brands. This really sounds to be an interesting software as well, and you are able to start planning at no cost to you. Before you make any decisions let’s find out what features this one offers you, I really would read this entire article before making any quick decisions.
- 2D & 3D Design
- Furniture Library Sounds Cool
- Thousands of Furniture
- Beautiful Walk Through Visualization Features
- Do your Basic Design in 2D
- Add Your Favorite Furniture Brands
- Visualize Your Kitchen Plan
- One-Click to 3D View
View the Homestyler Gallery to see this software in action, even though this is free, I recommend you take the time to really check all of these out. This might take more time right now, but later you will be happy you took the extra time. Nothing worse than starting to plan your kitchen, and then finding out the designer is too complicated for you to use.
Create your dream kitchen with this advanced easy to use software, so this one is specially designed for amateurs just like you and me. No design experience is required, and over 75,000,000 regular everyday people recommend using this tool. Plan any room you desire or even your entire apartment, so this is another tempting freebie to consider.
- 2D & 3D Design Planning Tool
- Easy Steps to Create Your Dream Kitchen
- Design your plan in 2D
- Add Your Furniture & Interiors
- View Your Work in 3D
- Customize Your Floor, Walls, & Furniture
- Resize Everything to Fit the Way You Visualize it
- Snapshot Feature for Realistic Photo View
- Create Anywhere at Anytime
- HD Visualization
- 2D & 3D Modes
- More Than 5,000 Items to Choose From
- No Tutorials Required, Easy to Use
- Join the Planner 5D Community
- Start Planning for Free
The Planner 5D is highly recommended by those who are members of their community, so this is another very tempting choice you have to consider. Again, you can view a gallery of designs members have done all by themselves. This one is perfect for creating any room in your apartment.
Welcome to the Roomstyler community, you will find this one is very similar to the Planner 5D. Now if you are leaning towards either of these, I highly recommend you visit both websites. They provide you with what is referred to as Mood Boards, and you can see examples on their home page.
- More Than 120,000 of Your Favorite Brands
- Popular Moodboards Available to Browse
- Popular Designers Profiles & Designs
- Interior Design Software
- 3D Room Planner
- Enter Their Design Contests
Roomstyler sounds to be more of an interior design community, but you really need to join to find out what all they can provide you. They lack information that makes it difficult to make a decision, so you can think if you wish to check this one out or pass it up.
Prodboard is a 3D kitchen planner, they say with only a couple of clicks your dream kitchen can be created. Accurately calculated is their promise to you, we are now ready to learn more about this one.
- Easy to Use No Experience Required
- Clear Tool Tips
- 100% Individual Project Planner
- Shape, Color, Materials, Freestanding or Built-In Appliances
- Automatic Cost Update Tool
- Upload Catalogs
- Upload Price Lists
- 5 Easy Step Design
More than 100 companies are using Prodboard, so this might be more for commercial use than personal? They really don’t specify either way, so this is something you might want to consider checking out if you decide to visit their website?
Rental Apartment Decor Guide
How many of you are creating an apartment that you can’t remodel, I live in an apartment building this applies to me? Now some of you might be in the same situation, so that inspired me to provide you this guide with some simple improvements without getting evicted.
- Add an Indoor Outdoor Rug
- Indoor Herb Garden
- Hanging Basket Houseplants
- Hanging Racks for Pots & Pans
- Adhesive Hooks for Wall Art
- Under Counter Lighting
- Add a Spice Rack
- Bright Colored Low Stools
- Decorative Dish Towels
- Small Islands on Wheels
- Small Kitchen Carts
- Shaker Style Cabinets
- Small Organizing Cabinets
- Storage Rods
- Counter Bar
- Small Kitchen Nooks
- Add a Runner
- Pull Out Pantry
- Add Decorative Mirrors
- Built-in Wine Storage Cabinet
- Kitchen Bar on Wheels
- Mini Wine Fridge
- Slide-in Bar Cart
- Backless Stools
- Wall Shelves
- Corner Shelves
- Tall Tables
- Floating Shelves
- Hanging Shelves
- Decorative Tablecloths
- Kitchen Decorative Signs
Using Apartment Accents really are inexpensive ways to spruce up your apartment, so now that we have some ideas for decorating keep reading to see what I have for you next. By combining Home Decor with small cabinets, you can create a very cozy and comfortable kitchen.
Small Kitchen Design Tips
The small kitchen design guide is next on my list, so for those who are still with me, you are in for some inspirational ideas. Apartments are more of a challenge than a small home, so that is the reason I chose this topic for you. Being I am living in this situation myself, I know the challenge you are up against. Here are some possibilities you can consider, and please share this with your family and your friends.
- Increasing your lighting is an easy way to give your room a larger appearance, so maximizing the light is my first recommendation.
- Creating depth with open cabinetry is my second suggestion, you could even add glass cabinets for an even more impressive design.
- As much as we love those kitchen islands they do take up space, I went with a narrow freestanding table that gave a much less cramped area. Go for something small enough you can move easily, and this really is important in a small room.
- Another option I considered was a kitchen bar instead, they are small in size so they take much less room than a table.
- When possible in a small apartment creating your living room and dining room as one can be the answer, I have my little kitchen table near my kitchen at the beginning of my living room. This is convenient to get my meals and yet gives me more room.
- If an island is something you just don’t want to do without, you will want to shop for the narrowest one you can find. I would purchase one with wheels for easy moving.
Now you have some things to think about, but with these simple tips, you can give your room the appearance and the feeling of being larger than it really is. One more suggestion is don’t add too many wall shelves and wall decor, you might find this will give you the feeling of being smothered.
Simple Kitchen Design Plan
We are just about finished with what I have for you, but I wanted to provide you with this simple plan you could follow. With this, you will have some guidelines, but at the same time, you can be flexible. Just something to get you started on the right track, and now let us check out my plan.
- Choose your planning software tool
- Create yourself a list of what you want in your new dream kitchen
- What is your maximum investment in this project going to be
- Knowing the exact measurement is a must-have for an accurate design
- With your list, you should know everything you want to include in your new kitchen
- Storage solutions if you need them is important to include in your plan
- How is your lighting, do you need more light options or are you fine
- Indoor-outdoor rugs should be chosen as well
- Research what houseplants will grow the best depending on your light conditions
- Using your software play around until you know how you are going to use what space you have
- Be sure to do a price comparison before starting to purchase anything
- When you have everything perfect you are ready to start designing your kitchen for real
Everyone’s plan will be a little different, we all have our own likes and dislikes. You really should take all the time that you need to design your new kitchen, and this might be more work than you realized before reading Apartment Kitchen Design Ideas. This concludes this article for all you apartment dwellers, and I really do appreciate you visiting my website.