Gardeners special is Cheap Large Garden Planters, and it is the time of the year to start shopping for the best deals. I have learned from years of experience buying these early, instead of waiting until you need them is your best strategy. Many of you might still be in winter mode, but the smart gardener starts planning months ahead.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. It is true Gizmos Deals earns a small commission from any purchases from affiliate links, but you must realize I am providing you with the lowest prices, unlike most websites that are pushing expensive products at you.
Before I share the best places for you to start shopping, you need to know all the links on my website are not associated with Gizmos Deals. That means I don’t receive anything in commission from providing them to you, but I do because you are more important to me than your money.
These are recommended as the best stores according to a Google search, so if you trust this search engine you now know where to begin your shopping. The majority of these are non-affiliated with this website, and that means I am providing them to you because I want to help you.
Large Garden Planter Inspiration
Maybe you are new to planting in large containers, so I have some ideas to inspire you. Here are some ways to consider using these, and I am more than happy to provide this to help you.
- Bright colored annuals are often overlooked for this size of a container, but imagine how many you can add for the most beautiful display?
- Slow-growing trees such as Japanese maples are a good choice, you can grow these on an apartment balcony or a patio.
- Indoor & outdoor entryways will greet your guests, and I am planning on doing this for the indoor entryway of my apartment since outside of my apartment is forbidden where I live.
- Large window boxes are one of my favorites when I lived in the house before moving, so if you are able to add one of these you will not be sorry. Imagine every time you look at your window beautiful flowers will greet you, so this is really something to consider.
- The larger planters are perfect centerpieces for your garden, now you just have to find the perfect plants?
- Shorter containers but large in size are great for succulents, and you can find some of the most beautiful and unique succulent plants to create an amazing display.
- Of course, trees are the most obvious choice for these oversized planters. Don’t forget about high-contrasting shrubs as well, so both of these are well worth considering.
- Maybe you never thought about using these indoors, but paying attention to offices and medical facilities they both use these all the time.
Maybe now you need some inspiration for possible flowering plants, so that is what is coming up next. Anyone interested in creating their own Homemade Seed Starting Mixture, I have my own easy recipe you can follow. You can even use this in large containers to start your seeds in, so this will save you from transplanting later.
Best Flowering Container Plants
Even before you order your large garden planter, you might want to decide what you plan to use it for? There are many beautiful flowering plants to choose from, and here are some of the best I have ever grown myself.
- Wave Petunias
You will love how these brighten your container, and these are not difficult to grow. I always have one planter full of wave petunias, you really should try these if you never have before. Now there are even vegetables you can grow, so that is what I have for you next.
Best Container Vegetables
Garden vegetables in containers are awesome for people with small spaces, and I plan to do this myself on my apartment balcony. You can place this almost anywhere that is sunny with success, so if you are interested in trying something new, here are some that are easy to grow.
- Swiss Chard
How many of you are surprised there are so many, and for the price of groceries this can save you money as well. Nothing as tasty as growing your own vegetables, and you will not have to pay the high prices anymore. One last favorite of mine is herbs, so that is what I am sharing in my next paragraph.
Best Container Herbs
Here we are ready to learn what herbs we can grow in our containers, and the larger the planter the better for they love to spread. Again this can be a great asset to your budget, so if you use herbs for preparing your favorite meals this just might be perfect for you.
- Lemon Grass
Move over flowering plants and vegetables, we just have learned what herbs we can grow as well. Now you have a very nice variety no matter what your favorite gardening might be, so how many of you are becoming anxious to start planning your container garden?
Plant Container Types
With so many types to choose from what are your best choices, so many of us possibly get confused? I use mainly ceramic in my apartment because they are more decorative, and I have had no problems with any of my Tropical Plants. For outdoors I am much less picky, so plastic is what I go for the most because they are the best deals. What are your choices that might be going through your mind, and that I am going to share with you right now?
Actually, I have used all of these over the years with success. Really it depends on your own taste and where your planter is going to be located. Indoors or outdoors should be what you consider first, and secondly, the weight filled with potting soil might be important for some of you?
This section is to inspire your creativity, but it also could possibly confuse some of you as well. Remember this is not a guide, I am only providing you with some options for you to think about that might help you decide. Another thing you might need to consider is if your garden has a theme, and if this is so, keep this in mind when deciding on the right type of garden planter.
- A decorative ceramic planter for indoors is always a good choice, you will be happy with how it brightens your indoor container garden.
- Resin planters are also a good type for indoors, and I like these for in the corners of my rooms.
- Are you interested in unique indoor decor, you really will make an impression with your guest with the Bird Cage Planter.
- For vining plants such as pothos hanging planters is your best type, I have one hanging on a garment rack right now. It is really outgrowing its home, so I plan to hang it from my ceiling pretty soon.
- Elevated planters are easy on the back, so if that is an issue for you this is your best choice. Even though they traditionally are used outdoors, I have one indoors that works just fine for me.
- I also have a vertical planter on my balcony, and I am going to use it to display some plants when warm weather arrives. Mine has four levels which are awesome, and they will take up much less room than individual large garden planters would.
- Wall planters are space savers, but allow you to add more plants than you could otherwise.
You now know some of the most popular ones available, but you can incorporate almost any type of container into a planter. Birdbaths are easy to use to display plants, and they make an awesome center attraction for a garden. Some of my best containers came from dollar stores, so that is where I go first when shopping for something unique.
Free Online Garden Planner
Since this is absolutely free to use, you might want to play around with the design of your garden. This is really a fun way to get an idea of what your garden could look like, and really so much better than making mistakes you will want to change later. Easy to use software for indoor and garden designing, now here is more about this to help you decide if you want to give this a try.
- 2D & 3D software
- 5-star rating
- Extremely beginner-friendly
- Basic design to advanced garden & landscaping
- High-quality results in a very short time
- Free online design software
- Saves you time plus money
- Create any shaped project with ease
- High-quality color imaging
- Awesome templates provided
- Customize the templates your way
- Create your plants from scratch
- A library full of thousands of images
- Simple drag & drop tool
- No experience required
- Create your garden in 2D & then view it in 3D
How do I start with garden planning? The service is completely free of charge for users. The only thing you have to do in order to have access to all items in the catalog is to register. You have all the tools you need to create your own personal unique garden, and all of this is completely free. Ready to Learn More, and if not thank you for reading about this freebie provided by Gizmos Deals.
Container Garden Resources
For anyone interested in learning more about container gardening, I have some free resources that I highly recommend. Even I have used this many times myself, so I have no doubt this is something worth sharing with you. Feel free to share Gizmos Deals with your family and your friends, and if you wish to leave a comment feel free to do so.
- How to Grow Vegetables in Containers
- How to Grow a Container Garden
- Design a Container Garden
- Container Roses Guide
- Cactus Growing Tips
- Banana Tree Growing Guide
- How to Grow Sweet Potatoes
You can learn so much from this one website, and in fact, you can learn just about anything you have a mind to. These are just a handful of articles waiting for you, so if you Visit this Website, I promise you it is not a waste of your time. This is the first place I go when looking to solve a problem, so really this is one of the best resources you are going to find online to use.