Florida Bass Fishing Tournaments are for the serious experienced fishermen or women, many people love the competition and challenge despite they are not professionals. What an awesome experience this would be, and you can even combine it with a family vacation at the same time.
Phenix Maxim Casting Rod is rated the best overall bass fishing rod, and here is the reason this makes this the ultimate fishing rod for bass fishing.
- Rod Length: 6 ft. 10 in.
- Weight: 8-14 lbs.
- Type: Casting
- Power Rating: Medium-heavy
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link
The best bass fishing rod for using lures for the most success goes to Ugly Stick Elite Spinning Rod, and again here is why.
- Multiple sizes
- Rod Length: 4 ft. 6 in. – 7 ft.
- Weight: 2 – 17 depending on the rod
- Type: Spinning
- Power Rating: Ultralight to medium heavy
Now let us get down to Florida Bass Fishing Tournaments in the next paragraph, after that my guides and tips will follow. What better state in the United States to plan a fishing adventure, and why not take the family along for a vacation.
Florida Bass Tournament Guide
Are you ready to learn about the tournaments from this guide, I found this information on the FL Bass Tournaments website. Here is what you will find. there is just too much valuable information for me to list everything in this article.
- Florida Bass Tournaments by the Month
- Bass Clubs
- Bass Series / Trails
Florida Bass Tournaments is your number one resource to plan your fishing adventure, so the remainder of this self-help guide will be more guides and fishing tips. You will have access to some awesome information, now let us move on and get you prepared.
First Bass Fishing Tournament
Everyone has to experience their very first tournament, and what I have for you are a few simple ways to be prepared. Here is what Karls Fishing and Outdoors recommend, below I have listed them for your convenience.
- More is Better Than Less When It Comes to Packing Your Clothes
- Invest in High-Quality Rain Gear to Stay Dry and Warm
- Wide Brimmed Hats are the Best for Florida’s Sunny Days
- Pack for the Worse and Also the Hottest Weather
- Don’t Forget Plenty of Sunscreens
- Long Sleeve Shirts and Jackets
- Lightweight is Another Important Tip to Remember
You now are covered for all types of weather, no matter if a storm sneaks in you will be prepared to keep fishing. What is your plan, another preparation we are going to discuss is coming up with a good plan? Going blindly into a tournament is many inexperienced fishermen’s biggest mistake, we are going to avoid you making the same mistake as them.
Bass Fishing Tournament Plan
No matter what we are attempting to accomplish we need to come up with a good plan, being this will be your first time, we are going to discuss what you need to consider. Gizmos Deals really wants you to be successful, and that is why I have come up with this guide to help you have the time of your life.
- Arrive Early and Explore the Water
- Do Some Early Fishing to See What the Fish are Hitting on the Best
- Search for Good Cover Areas to be Familiar with Them Before the Tournament Begins
- Mapping Out the Hot Spots and How You Plan to Hit Them Effectively to Save You the Most Time
- Being Flexible is the Key to a Success Experience
With a general idea of how to come up with an effective plan, you are ready for the next guide waiting for you. Before we move on, you might be interested in the Top 10 Best Bass Fishing Rods, be my guest to read this if this interests you. If not, just move on to our next section.
Bass Fishing Tackle
Before leaving for Florida, you will want to be sure to double-check your fishing tackle. We are going to discuss this in more detail below, whatever you do being prepared is the key to a positive experience. The worse thing is surprised you don’t expect that ruin your first tournament, enough babbling let us read the next paragraph together.
- Sharpen All Your Hooks
- Lubricate You Fishing Reels
- Packing an Extra Reel or Two is Never a Bad Idea
- A Fresh Line on your Reels Also is Recommended
- Pack Extra Fishing Line is a Good Idea
- The organization is Going to Be an Important Time-Saver
- Pack More Bait Than You Expect to Need
- Consider All Types of Possible Baits and Lures the Fish Might Be Hitting on That Day
Investing in extra fishing tackle and bait is essential to be prepared, you are not going to have the time to stop fishing to go shopping once the tournament begins. How helpful has this self-help guide been so far, if you wish to share leave a comment in my comment section for my other readers and me?
What happens if you arrive at your first hot spot and another fisherman has beaten you there, we must come up with an alternative plan just to be ready in case something like this happens. Another obstacle that could ruin your original strategy is the weather, and Florida is known for a change of weather without much warning.
- Mapping Out More Than Enough Hot Spots
- Nice Sunny Weather Strategy
- Nasty Overcast Rainy Strategy
- Windy Day
- Calm Day
The following above are the most common obstacles that might occur, so having more than one plan with several strategies is going to cover if you need to change your original plan. They rarely if ever cancel bass fishing tournaments, so you must be ready for everything possible that might go wrong.
Bass Fishing Tournament Checklist
Everyone should make a point to include this in getting ready for their fishing adventure, we don’t want to be out on the water and need something we forgot to pack. That is the reason I included this checklist in this self-help guide, you just might find some items that you never thought about yourself.
- Cull Tags
- Measuring Board
- Fishing Pliers
- Operative Livewell
- First Aid Kit
- Toilet Paper
- Life Jackets
The following above are the essentials you will need to be sure to pack, and by using this checklist you will not forget to pack anything that you really might need. You now have a basic guide to get ready before the tournament arrives, so give yourself enough time before entering any bass fishing tournament anywhere.
Best Bass Fishing Tournament Baits
Here are the baits that have won past tournaments, and these are worthy to be added to your tackle box. Now I am not telling you to go out and purchase these, what I am saying is they are good ones to consider. They have proven in the past to be extremely effective, so if you are planning on investing in any these are very good choices.
- Zorro Aggravator
- Okie Bug S.O.B
- Fleck Weed Wader
- Mann’s Jelly Worm
- Norman Deep Little N
- Ditto Gator Tail Plastic Worm
- Toledo Tackle Plastic Worm
- Stanley Jig with a “Luck E” Strike Guido’s Bug Trailer
- Poe’s RC1
- Culprit Worm
- Bomber Fat-Free Shad
- 3-Inch Generic Tube Bait
- Berkley Frenzy
- Smithwick RB1 200 Rattlin’ Rogue
- Strike King Red Eye Shad
- Gambler Ugly Otter
Knowing what worked for others in the past can be valuable information for you as well, if you decide to go shopping for some new fishing lures, why not consider the ones that have been winners.
Best Bass Fishermen
Did you ever wonder who are the best bass fishermen, well I just had to include this information for those of you curious enough to know? I am only going to share with you the top five, but I will leave a link to the website with all the bass pros for anyone interested.
- Jordan Lee 93,000 226 Points
- Jacob Wheeler 80,000 224 Points
- Bryan Thrift 52,000 203 Points
- Kevin VanDam 30,000 198 Points
- Randy Howell 52,000 194 Points
Now you know who the top five Bass Pro fishermen are, just imagine one day your name could be on this list as well. Even these men had to enter their first tournament at one time, so stay positive and persistent that if they can do it why can’t you.