I noticed more and more people riding bikes where I live, so Plus Size Bicycle Shorts is for all you dedicated bikers. Getting back to this activity is a great lifestyle change, but I am still walking nature trails with my Australian Shepherd. Possibly one day I will add this to my hobbies, so for now the nature trail hiking with my dog is what I love doing the most.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. This website does receive a small commission for your purchases from some of the links, you can be sure you come first before anything else when I am writing my articles.
Are Bicycle Shorts Right For You?
Gizmos Deals goes out of its way to answer questions you might have, so one that might be going through your mind is how are these going to look on me? Even if you are not into biking you still can be in fashion wearing these types of shorts, and yes, even if you have some extra pounds these are a good choice for your summer wardrobe.
- Trending is expected to increase as you are reading this article, this prediction comes from fashion experts.
- Snugly fit is what you want to go for, and these actually can complement your figure unlike other types of summer shorts.
- Perfect for casual summer picnics
- A family outing to the zoo
- Very popular for yoga classes and other exercise activities
- Workouts at the gym or YWCA you will notice the majority of ladies wearing these types of shorts more than any other
- Great for hanging out at home in the garden or just enjoying a cold glass of lemonade on your front porch or balcony
The answer to this question is definitely these are right for everyone, and the best part is these can be purchased at reasonable prices. You will not find a better bargain for your summer wardrobe, so budget-friendly is available if you know how to pick the best ones.
Bicycle Shorts Guide
Are you brand new to this type of shorts, and if so this guide will benefit you? One thing you will want to know right away is No Underwear is Worn when wearing these, so how many of you knew this before I shared this? Even though there is no one size fits all, there are some things to consider when shopping.
- Like anything the more you are able to invest the better quality you are going to receive, but by watching sales and sticking with the best brands you can get more for your money.
- No-name brands at bargain prices often are less durable, so this means you will need to replace them more often.
- Go for eight panels to fit your body the best
- Liners that are larger and smoother are more absorbent, and moderately padded liners are going to provide you with a much better fit.
- Avoid thick padded liners since the majority of them are a waste of your money, you will find them uncomfortable plus they often will bunch up.
- Skin irritations are mainly caused by thick padded shorts, so this is another important reason to avoid these at all costs.
- Belgian style is predicted to be in style long-term, you will find the length of them are the leg length will be just above your knees
- Short shorts are often preferred by people who participate in spinning classes, but be sure they are not too short or they will rub your skin raw.
- High in the back and low in the front are the perfect fit.
- Elastic waistbands are what you want to purchase, you will be sorry if you go with shorts with drawstrings.
- The stretchy material called spandex is your best type of material to wear, you really need and want this stretchy material for biking and other activities.
- The bib type is more expensive and the majority of Plus Size Women dislike wearing them, purchasing the standard shorts is what is recommended.
- Just like all our clothing sizes vary between different brands, once you find the proper size and brand that fits you the best, that is what you would want to stick with.
Basically, this is just a general guide with some things you might not think about. For the best fit snug is always the best way to go, but be sure they are not too tight at the same time. The proper size will feel on the baggy side when standing up, but if you crouch forward similar to the bike riding position, they will naturally fit your body perfectly.
Bicycle Short Brands
Before I reveal the brands that are budget-friendly, you need to know an investment can range up to over one hundred dollars for the highest quality merchandise. First, we are going to learn your best choices for the average person. The majority of ladies really don’t need to spend a small fortune for this merchandise, but for the person who is really into serious biking, the more expensive choices do last much longer.
- Kuda Moda
- Athletic Works
- Just My Size
- No Boundaries
- Moa Collection
- Under Control
- Honey Comfy
- Wonder Nation
- Eye Candy
- Sexy Dance
Walmart’s Best Sellers carries all of these brands plus more, now if other ladies are more than happy with these, you might be also? This will at least give you an idea of the ones the average women prefer, next we are going to be looking at the more pricey stores.
Best Bicycle Short Stores
Here is the list for those of you interested in investing more into your bicycle shorts, you will find these are more durable than the ones you would purchase at Walmart. Really unless you are into serious cycling competition or clubs, these for the average leisure biker is quite an investment.
- Psych Parade
- Super Fit Hero
- Beyond Yoga
- Land’s End
- Girlfriend Collective
we now have access to the stores with the best brands yet still affordable, you will find these are all under one hundred dollars which still is not too bad. For the majority of ladies who cycle for fun and exercise, I am confident Walmart will work well for you and your spending budget.
Walmart is not the only store that provides good bargains, and to be fair to you, I am going to share alternatives you might want to compare prices and brands. Before we take a look at these stores, you are invited to Visit Jeff’s Pins on Pinterest. I would love for you to check out my favorites, so if this interests you see you there.
- Forever 21
- Old Navy
- JC Penney
- Woman Within
This should keep you busy comparing prices, I got these from Google. Just wanted you to know my resource. The way I see it, we all use this search engine to attain important information. What better source to use than this one, there is more coming up so stick around a little longer.
Start-Up Bicycle Guide
Maybe you have come to my website interested in getting started biking, but you might be confused about which bicycle you should purchase? This might be extremely handy for some of you, and these are highly recommended for plus-size ladies. Visit Me on Twitter sometime, you might find my tweets interesting.
- Beach Cruiser
- Mountain Bikes
- Girls Mountain Bikes
- On and Off-Road
- Classic Beach Cruiser
- Classic Retro Beach Cruiser
- On & Off-Road Hybrid Bicycle
- Classic Comfort Bicycle
Beach Cruisers are the most popular choice for plus-size ladies, they are very comfortable and a good starter bike for someone just starting out. Now if you are in good shape from other physical activities, another one is the On and Off-Road for riding the nature trails. These are the two the majority of women prefer, and you can Browse Walmart for the Best Bargains.
Bike Size Chart
if you are shopping for your first bike since a little girl, you might be confused about how to know what size bike is right for you? That is what this section is going to help you solve, let us look at the bike size chart I found for you.
Height / Bike Size Chart
- 4’11” – 5’3″ = 13 – 15 inches
- 5’3″ – 5’7″ = 15 – 16 inches
- 5’7″ – 5’11” = 16 – 17 inches
- 6’0″ – 6’2″ = 17 – 19 inches
- 6’2″ – 6’4″ = 19 – 21 inches
- 6’4″ and taller = 21+ inches
Using this chart is a very good resource to know the size of bike to buy, you just find your height on the left and the inches to your right is your frame size you should consider. For even a more detailed chart, here is Amazon’s Bike Size Guide that you might find even easier to use.
Types Of Bicycles
Maybe you are not aware of the bicycle types on the market today, we see all types of them on our travels. If we were not thinking about shopping for one, we more likely didn’t really pay that much attention. Here are the most popular ones you will want to consider, you might want to get your friends in on biking with you.
- Mountain Bikes
- Road Bikes
- Comfort Bicycles
- Specialty Cycles
- Electric Bicycles
- Fixed Gear
- Folding Bikes
- Recumbent Bikes
- Adult Tricycle
Electric Bicycles have really become popular among people of all ages and both genders, now these are more expensive of an investment. They are really good for those of us that have extra weight and are out of shape, you can alternate between pedaling and resting while still able to enjoy your ride. For the cost, I really am surprised how many of these I am seeing in my little country town.
Back Problems No Problem
How many of you are experiencing back problems, that is not odd considering most of us do as we age. What type of bicycle should you consider might be on your mind, we don’t want to invest our money and then the bike sit in the garage all the time. More people purchase the wrong type of bike than you might think, we think we are in better shape than we actually are.
- Recumbent Bicycle
- Adult Tricycle
These are the two best choices for back problems and for the elderly, you will also find them to be a much more affordable alternative to an electric bike. No matter what you might think, everyone can start riding a bike once again. This concludes Plus Size Bicycle Shorts, and the sections on bikes is a bonus from me to you for reading my article.